Author Topic: Locate Me - Edition 011  (Read 2974 times)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
Locate Me - Edition 011
« on: November 24, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
It's the "Locate this Descent Pic Game"  Edition 011

Let's see who can identify:
  • What Descent 3 single player Level this is a pic of?
  • Where in that level the player is at (describe as best you can)?
  • Extra bonus:  Point out something unique about the level or the location

Can you correctly identify this location?

The score stands at:
  • IHateHackers = 2
  • Kaiaatsel = 3
  • NUMBERZero = 4
  • TechPro = 1

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Re: Locate Me - Edition 011
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 10:50:39 PM »
-Level 13
-In the funky wind tunnel that pushes you towards a forcefields one way and pulls you towards that little alcove the other. The room before that is a shaft with three rotating cooling tanks. And the room before that is the outside with a bunch of old scratches, a homing turret, stormtroopers, and MD tanks. You can see a dropship flying above occasionally. It will shoot a red laser straight down to try to hit you. You get 50pts for losing it up. You can also hit the switch to turn off the Aft Matcen using a guided. There is a guided missile ammunition matcen in a little side room accessed through a large bulkhead door. A sparky is on the inside.
The room in the picture itself serves no purpose. The only items that can be found down there are a Mega Missile and a Mass Driver. You can destroy the generator to make the wind that pushes you towards the forcefields push you towards the exit instead.
-One of the logs mentions the Starhawks being infected by the virus and that they were on the loose. Knowing how the guidebook says one cool thing, but then you discover that it wasn't implemented, you would expect it to say something about them. But no. Guess the writers knew that the devs were way behind and wouldn't be able to implement them. The fighters are still in the HOG with a mostly complete model and a half-baked AI, but you only see them used in user made levels. Pyromania has it as a playable ship and it has one of the highest accelerations and speeds.
   Also, shutting down the Main Engine is your tertiary objective as listed in the advanced briefing, but even if you do it, it will still be listed as incomplete. It is fixed in the 1.5 patch, but we all know that that just added more bugs.

EDIT: Post number 1032, AWW YEAH!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:55:52 PM by NUMBERZero »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 08:26:23 AM »
I figured out why I can never get to these in time to give the answer. You guys are always posting when I'm typically still in bed. :P

Oh well, it wouldn't have mattered in this instance, because I don't recognize this spot at all. Would've had me totally stumped.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »
I've never seen it either.

But then it is on the Expediator.  And this is NUMBERZero we're talking about.
The only man who seemingly has the Expediator memorized!

Offline Mzero

• Silver
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
I am still lost in the Expediator  :)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 06:36:50 AM »
I figured out why I can never get to these in time to give the answer. You guys are always posting when I'm typically still in bed. :P

Oh well, it wouldn't have mattered in this instance, because I don't recognize this spot at all. Would've had me totally stumped.

lol, and by the time I see it there are already have a dozen replies.  :o I wouldn't have gotten any of them anyway.  :P
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »
lol, and by the time I see it there are already have a dozen replies.  :o I wouldn't have gotten any of them anyway.  :P

Ditto. Everytime I see it, there is already a list of people replying. That's okay for me though. I can't play. I don't have Descent 3 anymore, and I wouldn't even know how to upload the pictures even if I knew how.
Maybe one day, I may attempt at buying the mac version of Descent 3

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »
NUMBERZero, since you got it on the nose, it's now your turn to port the next one.  Have fun!

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 09:01:14 PM »
Ah, I'm pretty sure he meant "post" the next one.  ;)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »
I'm dealing with a lot of stresses and I haven't had the time to think of a good place. Can you please post the next one, TechPro?
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
Will do.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets