Author Topic: If you have a problem with me...  (Read 10793 times)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
If you have a problem with me...
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:36:57 PM »
Say it to my face instead of hiding behind your power downs. That is all.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: If you have a problem with me...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 12:41:56 PM »
you certainly are getting powerdowns.

I wasn't going to say this before, but I suppose I shall now.
Quite honestly, I don't understand the whole powerup/down system. If there are 1,000+ people in a forum, like a computer based forum, technical, etc, maybe it makes a different. You may not take advice from someone who has a rating like +5, -36.
But this is different. We're not that big. We basically know each other, at least to a certain extent. Some of us have played online with each other for years.
Penumbra Overture is larger and they eliminated the powerup/down within just a matter of months I believe.
"oh my, a good trusted friend of mine has -2, or -8." I'm not going to look at them differently because of it.

That's my two cents.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:43:35 PM by Vanguard »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:44:39 PM »
I don't see the point either, but clearly some people enjoy it, so rather than asking for it to be removed I'll just ask people to own up to their -1s.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 12:46:48 PM »
I don't know what you started off with earlier, but I know it wasn't no -8 and in my book, you don't deserve all those. in fact, I don't think there's too many people at all that do deserve powerdowns.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 01:22:47 PM »
Before my thing with Karx I had 0 powerdowns. I admit the -1 karx gave me might've been justifiable, but the other 7 seem really out of the blue, especially since one more has been added since then. I just can't think of anybody on this forum who would hate me enough to spend 7 hours giving me powerdowns.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 01:28:06 PM »
Someone or some people are doing something to you. I don't know what to say. Are spammers doing odd stuff with powerup/downs?

I still don't see why we have them, and if there's even a point in doing it differently.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
That's messed up man. I can tell you it wasn't me. You've always given me your advice on this or that or pointers about various things, but nothing that has agitated me in the least! I say we remove the power up/down feature and start a new section on the forum called the "Vegas Room" or something similar in which we go to have all issues put out on the table and SOLVED. It's best to talk issues out and not hide behind a screen and continue to feel resentment. Talking things out is a LOT healthier, and, of course, whatever happens in the Vegas Room STAYS in the Vegas Room. It's PTMC Directive will be not to start name calling people, but to, as mature adults, get everything out on the table. Sound good? Yeah?
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 02:29:29 PM »
or PM them.  (slience)

yeeahh.. :)

I agree. if something bothers something, let it out. I hate this "keep everything bottled up inside" stuff. If I didn't talk with some people about problems, it would have been worse.

Offline Bettina

• Silver
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »
Say it to my face instead of hiding behind your power downs. That is all.

I have such a problem with you that I gave you a powerup.  :) (I really did)

Seriously, these "respect" gizmos can become personal like it seems to be happening to you so I IMHO they should be eliminated entirely, or at least changed to powerups only. If you like the post and think it deserves some kind of thumbs up then do it. If you don't, then just ignore it.

Just my 1 cent.

Bee
"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Crash

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 04:37:50 PM »
I know for damn sure it wasn't me, IHate.
I think Bettina hit it on the head, we should get rid of the powerdowns. I know I'd not use them. Only people you'd want to powerdown is spammers and that's what bans are for.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 05:37:25 PM »
I haven't been keeping track of you and Karx. I tend to stay away from D2X-XL and then try it out once in a while after a few months to see if it works.

You getting those power downs is indeed mysterious.
* Omega powers up Scyphi
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
  • D2X-XL & DLE-XP maintainer
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 03:26:36 AM »
Before my thing with Karx I had 0 powerdowns. I admit the -1 karx gave me might've been justifiable, but the other 7 seem really out of the blue, especially since one more has been added since then. I just can't think of anybody on this forum who would hate me enough to spend 7 hours giving me powerdowns.
Certainly not me. Looks like you got another powerdown since yesterday. Forum rating systems only work in the rarest cases. Complaining about negative ratings only makes you a preferred target of people who love to upset others w/o exposing themselves when doing it. You've also received quite a few powerups. Maybe complaining isn't such a bad idea after all ... ;D ... get another one from me.

Regarding my powerdowns: I didn't insult people (I don't consider naming bad behavior as such an insult), I got them for my speaking out my opinion, a good part of which was making a stand for the Gospel. So I consider them a badge of honor. I certainly don't care when people who love to deal out but cannot take in start hurling powerdowns because that is all that's left to do for them.

Oh, before I forget it ...
* karx  powers up Scyphi
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:36:38 AM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 04:09:52 AM »
Maybe we need a break from karma for a while ;)

* ...WillyP... wonders what we gonna talk about now
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 05:07:42 AM »
Maybe we need a break from karma for a while ;)
* ...WillyP... wonders what we gonna talk about now

Good idea.
Powerups only is also a good idea.  I know I don't give powerdowns.
I use the same philosophy here that I have on newgrounds - if I like it I vote it a five, if I don't like it I don't vote it at all, though I might give some constructive criticism.

Incidentally the one powerdown I have came right after a D3 skybox game where [RIP]Hugh got really annoyed with me.  But I don't think he's on here, and if he is I doubt he would have known it was me.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 05:34:04 AM »
@ Ihatehackers: nobody has ever done anything on this forum that has merited a powerdown from me, so it certainly wasn't me, but it seems it doesn't matter anymore, 'cuz they're gone now. :D

* Omega powers up Scyphi...* karx  powers up Scyphi

Try doing that NOW. I dare you. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets