Author Topic: Starting My Life  (Read 5867 times)

Crash

Re: Starting My Life
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 01:20:15 AM »
I was half-considering joining the RAF but I think my migraine condition would make that tricky.
Our armed forces are bearing a massive brunt of our financial cuts as well. Lots of airbases are closing by next year, our only carrier is now decommissioned and our Harrier fleet has been disbanded as well while the US, presumably, still operates theirs and we still don't have the F-35B to replace it.
Quite frankly, the UK doesn't take nearly as good care of its servicepeople as it should either.

Offline Planet Orange [phx13]

• Silver
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:35 AM »
Tech School is where I learned what my job is going to consist of. My job is Knowledge Operations Management or Information Management.
Go Suns!

"To God be the Glory".
-Greg Jennings
Super Bowl XLV

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 11:52:05 PM »
It's funny everyone here blames military spending for our huge deficit, but truth is our recent military spending only accounts for around 1-2 trillion out of the 14 trillion. Sure, our huge fleet of carriers are very expensive, but a trillion dollars is an almost incomprehensible amount of money.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 07:30:53 AM »
I can never understand why people hate the police, military, etc...
without them, we're dead.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 09:29:55 AM »
Quote from: IHateHackers
It's funny everyone here blames military spending for our huge deficit

It's really more due to the fact that politicians have been ignoring it for a couple of decades, and now, somehow to their complete surprise, they've found that it's become unmanageable. That, and a couple poor presumptions people have made about budgeting money since about when the Great Depression ended.

Oh, but let's not get too carried away with the discussion on politics, please. Besides, I believe this thread is more about Planet Orange and his new career in the Air Force (congrats again on that BTW). :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 04:33:33 PM »
Oh, right. The topic.

Well, the Navy is better, and the US navy is the best, sucks to be you if you want to join the RAF. OK, that's my take on the topic.

Nah, j/k. But seriously. ;) But really, j/k. Seriously.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 10:26:48 PM »
wat

Crash, when you do get those F-35B's, you will be pleased. They sport the most powerful engine ever put in a single engine aircraft and their radar signature will make it look like only a golf ball is flying by, if that. Extremely stealthy and can carry several of the new Small Diameter Bombs within its internal bays. Or you could carry two 2,000lb bombs in there to shake up the crowd.

Plus you can land anywhere using the VTOL capabilities without having to worry about tipping over because of the advanced avionics unlike the unicycle of the Harrier.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets