Author Topic: Something fishy at the dealership  (Read 4032 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Something fishy at the dealership
« on: April 15, 2011, 12:14:56 PM »
Hello. I don't know if this is pointless ranting, or if this would help me out. I am depressed. I saw a very nice car, a dark blue Honda Civic at some dealership.
According to whom I was talking with, I approve for the car. I don't even have to trade in my truck.
When I test drove that, I was happy. I haven't smiled like that in so long.
It sounded like a purchase to me. A few days later, Thursday, he said that someone brought that car and moved it to some other location. Even if I had money down to save it, it still would have been moved.
It didn't sound like I could get it.
He asked if I wanted the other Honda Civic, which overall was the same, but is black and a coupe (two door). I love that dark blue color, and 4 doors. But I thought, maybe I'll take the black one. Turns out, I needed $1500 down at least to get that rolling. The way I am financially, good luck with $15.
Then there was some light blue one, but the payments would be greater because of the mileage being higher.
I wasn't too interested in that color anyway.
Then he said there was a Mazda I could take right away. In the meantime, I feel like I was being pushed to purchase some other vehicle, while my girl friend was waiting for me to pick her up, or at least meet her somewhere.

Monday, 5:00 pm to 5:30, and then 6:30 to 9:00, I was there, mostly about my dream car.
Tuesday, 5:00 to 7:00 was at A.A.A. and Wells Fargo, seeing if I can get my dads truck in my name to do the trade in. That failed.
Wednesday, 5:00-6:00, don't need to trade it in, still approve, handed over some documents for him. person who usually handles it, wasn't there.
Thursday, 5:00 to 7:30, more test driving, which I didn't need, and loops.

Now I am sad. I want to go to the gas station and put in $40 a week. That sounds crazy to some, but I am use to $80 or $100. Those F-250's are not cheap.

I want my blue car :(

I was so optimistic for so long> no matter what thoughts came to me, no matter what complications may have arrived. until last night, Thursday. I am now exhausted.

Does something seem fishy to you guys about what happened to my car? It does to me, but I don't typically just go and buy cars. Maybe this happens a lot. I don't know. I would think if someone is approved, and am going to buy it, they'd have it around.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:52:27 AM by Vanguard »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Something fishy at the dealship
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 06:22:12 PM »
Car dealers are always doing something fishy, it is the nature of the business.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 07:05:14 PM »
For what it is worth, I had contacted him. He had said someone already bought it from another location. It's okay. I will have faith that God is going to lead me to the right car. My friend showed me a Mazda, for a nice low price. Maybe that's it. I have no idea. It certainly looks nice.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 02:50:02 AM »
I got a 1990 Cadillac with 48,253 miles for $3250 at www.cwcoach.com from Cincinnati, OH and it's STILL running strong! Just purchase a one-way plane ticket and drive it back!  ;D
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 06:01:21 AM »
They only fishy thing I can really say with any certainty about this, is the fact that they were trying pretty hard to get you to buy another car, and that's just normal car dealership policy. As for the other person getting to buy the first car, admittedly, I see nothing really out of the ordinary with that. Think it's best to say that you just weren't quick enough, Vanguard, sorry.  :(
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 08:06:03 AM »
I bought my 1997 Thunderbird on craigslist, 90K miles for 2800$. Runs like a champ, drives like a sedan (I'm not kidding. Independent rear suspension anybody?). Only problem is Minnesota winters hate nice cars :(

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 07:21:08 PM »
Minnesota. my lovely state  :P

I think what happened was probably legit. I may have heard him wrong, and then typed out this message.

I need a car soon. Gas is getting too expensive.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 10:00:07 PM »
Get a scooter! I'm going to take up motorcycle lessons soon to get licensed and then I'm going out and buying a scooter... rise away, OPEC!
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets