Author Topic: How's everyone's weekend?  (Read 3778 times)

Offline DinoCrisisFan

• Silver
How's everyone's weekend?
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »
How is everyone here at one of my favorite communities doing?

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: How's everyone's weekend?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »
Could be better, could be worse. I think I need a break from things. I'm taking a break from my job after the 11th of May :). In other words, MY LAST DAY!!
Normally, I wouldn't like losing a job. This is sort of an exception.
This girl I am with, is sick, so I haven't been able to do a lot with her. We did go for a walk, and that was nice. Tad chilly, but still a nice walk.
I got to play some of the Call of Duty Zombie maps, and if it works, will be playing "Amnesia: Dark Descent" very soon :)

How is yours going?

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 11:34:53 PM »
Using up my free time to work on projects such as updates to Sectorgame, updates to F2S, construction of a new Descent Sector, building the 'Omens' D3 single player level, the Hyperspace 'Silent Fury' level set and more. Expect everything to be done by the end of May  ;D
Sectorgame.com - Descent and Freespace mods/levels.

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 01:45:32 AM »
Apart from revising my projects for school (I'm studying Architecture), I was finishing construction of a custom Portal Testchamber... I'm dying to get my hands on Portal 2, just 2 weeks to go!

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 07:20:20 AM »

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 07:42:14 AM »
nice  8)
I think that Arch-Ville was one of the extreme few that I was actually scared of at first.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:47:14 AM »
So... other than that my dad thought it would be a good idea to install Windows 7 on my secondary hard drive without asking me.

The moral of the story is "remember to back up *more* than just your personal documents". I've lost several of my game saves, and a few unreal and quake mods I've made over the months. heh...

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:42:47 PM »
This was my weekend while I was in Phoenix Arizona.

Ok. SO! Day before yesterday, Southwest canceled our flight. Yesterday, our flight was at 1:00pm, but then they called to bump it back to 3:00. Avatar was on so we started watching that. Then, just midway through the big assault at 12:50pm, they called again saying that the flight was at 1:15.

SO! My dad sped us to the airport in his truck. He even beat the pizza guy on the highway! We made it in time after they delayed for another 15 minutes. Then we boarded and waited ANOTHER 15 MINUTES while about 10 passengers were still wandering around the terminal because no one told them.

Then we flew to New Orleans and had to wait an hour to get home.

We arrived at 11:00 Florida time and went to baggage claim. Our bags and everybody else who followed us from Phoenix was missing out bags. The other carousells activated and they too didn't have our bags. Mom went to the Southwest baggage claim help desk to go do battle with the people there. The lady said that the next flight from Phoenix is at 11:05 and the bag should be there. There was a long pause and I finally said "wut" and she repeated herself. "don't answer me" I said in my head. I looked at my watch finally and the time was 11:27 so I was like "WTFBBQ! 11:05 was 11:05 ago! Dat bitch!"

After more waiting for the lady when she went away to go "check on something" (probably the coffeey maker), she finally jacked into her computer and discovered that our baggage was in Kansas City. Fuk Kansas! There's nothing out there!

Now we are waiting for their helmsderp to fly our baggage to our house. I pray to God that this one doesn't go after the nougat like in Kansas City. (Shores of Hazeron referance)
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 12:13:18 AM »
So that is why you should go to airports a few hours before your flight... My parents said that to me a lot, and I simply couldn't get the reasons... 'till now :D

And this baggage problem... Man, best of luck!

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 10:34:19 AM »
I don't like weekends because I work Fri-Mon, but come Monday, I get all excited and celebrate chanting "IT'S FRIDAY IT'S FRIDAY" while all the Monday to Friday workers look at me like I'm nuts... but then when the actual Friday comes, I'm like, "bleh it's Monday." That's working at a grocery store for ya!
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets