Author Topic: What books are you reading right now?  (Read 4574 times)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
What books are you reading right now?
« on: September 06, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »
I've just started "Evidence" by Jonathan Kellerman.  It's part of a murder mystery series starring Alex Delaware, a fictional psychologist.  I normally don't like murder mysteries but Jonathan Kellerman writes so well that I really like his books.  The other mystery author I read is Kathy Reichs.

I just finished "Night of the Living Trekkies", where a zombie virus breaks out at a Star Trek convention.  It was quite funny.

So what books are you all reading?

Offline Fennecfox

• Silver
Re: What books are you reading right now?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:07:33 AM »
I've been reading the Dune series, although I need to go to the library to get more :)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 11:12:44 AM »
My stupid literature book with bull crap poems that nobody has ever heard about and probably will never care about. In this one poem, the author is compairing her life to a spinning wheel back in the late 1800's. Couldn't think of anything better? And I have to answer questions that interigate you in code.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:17:51 AM by NUMBERZero »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 12:19:49 PM »
It's been a while since I've read a book.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 12:37:44 PM »
Re-reading Lord of the Rings again.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 05:11:57 AM »
Obviously, #0 isn't much of a classic Lit. nut (not that there's anything wrong with that :)).

I'm currently, slowly, making my way through The Sable Quean but admittedly it's taking me longer than normal to finish it. Not because I don't like the book (it's a pretty good one) it's just that other things in life are distracting me from reading.

If and when I ever finish that book, I have a backlog of other books I wish to read...but I fear they wouldn't get prioritized either. :-\
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 06:11:05 AM »
Every time I think I'm done with the Dune series, they publish another one. No time for that. Currently have loads of software technical manuals to read.  :( Not quite as entertaining, but the pay is better.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 03:24:20 PM »

Years ago I lost track of how many times I've read that (and the Hobbit).  I'm one of the few people you'll meet who've actually read the Silmarillion.

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 09:12:15 PM »
sadly, I haven't read that Techpro, I want to someday.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »
I'll warn you now.  That is a serious read.  A lot of people start it but never finish it.  Probably the number one reason few people have read it.  The copy I read was a large book nearly as big and fat as some of those dictionaries they like to display in libraries (or so it seemed to a 14 year old boy).

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 07:39:32 AM »
Currently reading Scarlet (2nd book in a trilogy by one of my favorite authors).

TP, I'm impressed.  I only made it about halfway through Silmarillion.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 09:52:34 AM »
When Techpro sets his mind to reading something, he'll read it. He read the first Harry Potter book in a single day, with the other books rapidly following at a slightly slower rate. And I've seen him get through other literary works pretty quickly too. Guess what I'm saying is that I'm not surprised. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Grizz

• Silver
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 06:12:17 PM »

Years ago I lost track of how many times I've read that (and the Hobbit).  I'm one of the few people you'll meet who've actually read the Silmarillion.

I've read the Simarillion a couple of times, and the Hobbit / Rings books more than I can count also. I think I've bought all of the books 4 times, as the kids and I wear them out.

I'm currently reading 1491, By Charles C. Mann, a history book on the pre-Columbus Americas with many interesting things you don't learn in high school history...

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets