Author Topic: Descent didn't include a barf bag.  (Read 6269 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Descent didn't include a barf bag.
« on: August 13, 2010, 10:15:03 PM »
Something that I found while searching for funny descent images on Bob's House Of Video Games (Video Game LOLS):

Eh, Descent doesn't make me upchuck.
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Re: Descent didn't include a barf bag.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:17:38 PM »
Something that I found while searching for funny descent images on Bob's House Of Video Games (Video Game LOLS):

Eh, Descent doesn't make me upchuck.
You're not using a VR helmet ;)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 05:23:31 AM »
Descent actually does have a history of causing nausea in the weak-stomached who are watching, something that has been debated as to whether or not it might have affected it's sales later on in life. Apparently, you need to be good at keeping your lunch down in order to play Descent, or in some cases, just watching it be played. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 06:03:05 AM »
I had worse times with holding my lunch down in an actual military jet than I did playing Descent.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 06:16:50 AM »
I never had a problem until I watched my son play...  Even then it was just a very mild feeling of unease.  My oldest son, who has a history of car sickness and tossing his cookies for any reason imanginable, plays Descent with no issues.  Yet, many people do report experiencing motion sickness while playing Descent, it really depends on the individual.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 06:27:04 AM »
It seemed to be most problematic for people already prone to motion sickness.

I once found a news article of sorts on the web once that discussed this subject, but I can't find it now. :(
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 08:04:28 AM »
I had worse times with holding my lunch down in an actual military jet than I did playing Descent.

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! LUCKY! I'd love to go flying in one!

I've never gotten motion sick on anything. Cars, big airplanes, the small airplanes I sometimes fly, Descent, the wierd swirly poka dotted thing that you stare into while the floor moves, G-force simulator, everything.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »
Bleh, genes.  :D

I never got sick playing Descent.  I didn't even get claustrophobia.
I have acrophobia but for some reason I still love flying.

And I've seen Bob's House of Videogames (Klixovann showed me): I didn't realize Descent was on there.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 05:19:02 AM »
The only time I ever recall getting motion sickness was when I went on my first loop-de-loop roller coaster, and in that instance, the sickness was extremely mild. Heck, I was shaking it off before the ride was even over.

Descent has never cause me grief, but I can see where it would for some people. My mother, for instance, if she ever played Descent (which wouldn't likely happen even if heck did freeze over first) would probably get vertigo after awhile, as she seems to be prone to it. She'll get it even while watching movies.
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 07:19:41 AM »
I've been fine with descent, even though I have suffered clastrophobia in other games. I think the simple fact that I can float helps me with that.

Offline CH-POIN!

• Silver
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 10:00:02 AM »
I have no problem with Descent, There are worse nausea inducing things than play Descent, like, to go to some public restrooms or see dog's excrement on the street  :P or things like that , but never playing Descent.

Rather, I feel free...

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 08:18:45 PM »
I've never had a single problem with nausea playing Descent, or even watching someone else play it.. (or to be more accurate, a video, because NOBODY I personally know plays Descent), but I get the most batcrap insane carsick when I am in a car and I am not looking out a window.

If I play ANY game on a laptop while in a moving vehicle, it's even worse. I assume that if I played Descent the way I normally do (I do flips and rolls for the hell of it) while in a moving car, to say I'd be miserable would be a dangerous understatement.
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Mzero

• Silver
    • Dateiliste
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 02:53:30 AM »
I often have problems while playing monument coop, feel seasick; then I have to stop playing quickly  ;)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:06 PM »
Monument coop?  Have I been missing that one?

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 07:19:04 PM »
Monument is too big. I've never finished it, it just keeps going and going, and the architecture is random.  I died of boredom, several times.  You don't re-spawn when you die of boredom.  You are not missing anything. ;)

But yeah there is a monument coop.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets