Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 123003 times)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2010, 10:07:14 AM »
Matt, he gave up on the PTMC:

I made a new character and new Empire.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2010, 10:48:02 AM »
No, I didn't give up, I had to start over in the PTMC, but I also created a new character to start my own empire.

Foil, if I stand still on my first town square the aerial carnivores come get me. They are very hungry. And they are too small to hit, but pack a wallop. I could not walk far enough to see any ore. So I walked till I found a nice spot on a hill overlooking a pine grove, and some coal, and built a town with some farms and mines there. And set my spawn point there.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2010, 06:05:42 AM »
I found some ore but it's under water. Any way to get at it?

Then I discovered I could go even faster than running by leaping. Hold down the 'w' and press the spacebar, I can outrun any creature I've encountered, even those aerials! So, that opens up a lot of possibilities for exploration, and I have found some fair ore. Now I need to build a road, it's pretty far away, but I don't want to build a town there as it's in a vast desert.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2010, 06:16:47 AM »
Just FYI, if you create a flying character (give it wings and check the flying option), that also greatly helps in staying away from the aggressive creatures.

As far as the ore you found being underwater... I believe that means you can't build a mine there.  Keep looking, you'll find more around.  (Tip: When in top-down, use the "]" key to move your view up.  You'll be able to see much farther when looking for resources.)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2010, 06:33:59 AM »
Thanks, that's a good tip (about zooming out, I don't think flying would be in-character for this one. Bounding like a wolf sure is, though! ;)  )

I did find a couple of spots close to home that had bad ore, I assume this is unusable?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:37:28 AM by WillyP »

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2010, 06:43:37 AM »
Bad-quality ore is usable.  You just have to mine more of it, because low-quality stuff has a higher chance to fail.

Good example is my "Red Acropolis" city.  The stone in the area is Q3 (out of Q255); whenever I build something out of it, it takes at least double the required stone, because much of it fails the construction process.  But I have plenty of extra mines, so it's not an issue.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »
I'd keep an eye on that, if I were you, your contractors will get frustrated and use it anyway, the boss will tip the building inspector and you'll get sued when the buildings have issues later.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:40:54 PM by WillyP »

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2010, 01:26:24 PM »
Hey Foil, since those deposites are sometimes out in the middle of the ocean, could we possibly be looking at future plans of underwater cities?
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2010, 01:31:57 PM »
I don't think so, at least not anytime soon.  Basically, it's because each tile on the planet has a different resource type.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #249 on: July 27, 2010, 10:03:51 AM »
*Slight bump*

WillyP, are you playing as "Blue Raven"? 

After you said that you created a new character and empire, someone showing as "Blue Raven" of the "Hanibo Tanibas" empire showed up on the list.  Thought it might be you.  :)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2010, 01:34:58 PM »
No, that is not me. I am WillyP in both my own empire, WPS, and in the PTMC.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2010, 01:39:29 PM »
Ah, okay.

Do you have a Capitol building up yet?  If so, declare it as your empire's capitol city, and you'll show up in the Empire Status List

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2010, 03:23:05 PM »
I planted the capitol building but it hasn't been built yet... need some stuff.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »
We have had a MASSIVE influx of people join yesterday. So many that the servers are going mad. Fortunately, the Devs have been working on it and have actually made slight improvements already.

The guys all seem to be from Facepunch.com. Some other forum. They have made many different empires and loads have joined them. One of their empires has 8 people on it. JEEZLOUISE! Cmon guys! I feel that all of the facepawnch nubs are going to blow past our TL overnight! T.T
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2010, 07:10:17 PM »
As long as they're all still in one city they're hopeless. If they all start developing their own little areas of the galaxy and pooling all the resources from those areas, then we have a problem.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets