Author Topic: The "Vanguard" is back  (Read 7246 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: The "Vanguard" is back
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 05:52:43 PM »
Nice Avatar... goes well with the colors here!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 06:37:28 PM »
Welcome back Vanguard! We saved a spot for you.. as well as all of the other PD.com veterans.

I'm really hoping that Thunderbird can host that old pd.com DB backup somewhere though. I miss the old posts

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 07:27:03 PM »
Welcome back Vanguard! We saved a spot for you.. as well as all of the other PD.com veterans.

I'm really hoping that Thunderbird can host that old pd.com DB backup somewhere though. I miss the old posts
Particularly those regarding OSIRIS or whatever the heck it was called... Was always a pain to get working, still not sure how I did it :/

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 08:03:52 PM »
Agreed! Likin' the updated avatar. I've tried Mandriva, but it's not my favorite flavor of Linux. I usually fluctuate between Linux Mint 9 (for it's attractive interface and its simple-yet-awesome features) and Crunchbang (for the overwhelming awesomeness of its name and its interface, even if it's a little less user-friendly than other distros).
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 03:16:30 AM »
Thanks WillyP

Thanks InsanityBringer. Sometimes it'd interesting looking at old posts. I heard it was hacked into, and the site was closed out or something like that.

Thanks D2Junkie. Nice having so many Linux distros though, isn't it? Finding one that suits one best.
Techpro on here suggested Mandrake, and so I had tried it, and 5 or so years later, still in Mandriva.

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 04:17:03 AM »
Welcome back...

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »
thank you :)

been busy, but may reply or write a topic here and there.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 09:57:44 PM »
/begin slightly off-topic

Thanks WillyP

Thanks InsanityBringer. Sometimes it'd interesting looking at old posts. I heard it was hacked into, and the site was closed out or something like that.

Thanks D2Junkie. Nice having so many Linux distros though, isn't it? Finding one that suits one best.
Techpro on here suggested Mandrake, and so I had tried it, and 5 or so years later, still in Mandriva.
Mandriva (formerly known as Mandrake) appears to be pretty good.  I was playing with it (both Gnome and KDE versions) recently and was impressed.

A while back (over a year now?) I had replaced my laptop's hard drive with a much bigger one and had split it in two by reinstalling XP on one half and slapping Ubuntu on the other half.  Still running Ubuntu on that (now with the latest version).

At work during the last two weeks I was setting up some images of systems running popular Linux distros (I have to write up some procedures, and the exact steps vary somewhat in the different distros) so I was installing the latest distros of the Gnome and KDE desktop versions of Mandriva, openSUSE, Fedora, Mint, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu.  Surprising the differences there are. Mandriva 2010 and Mint 9 looked really good.  Surprisingly Fedora gave me a lot of pain.

/end slightly off-topic

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets