Author Topic: DESCENT FOR WiiWare ANNOUNCED  (Read 199841 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: DESCENT FOR WiiWare ANNOUNCED
« Reply #375 on: July 14, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »
Maybe not so much the fighting, but I can begin to see what going on here. An example here; if I have some argument or whatever with some girl, a friend of mine would always make it sound like a bad thing. 'I'm telling you, that's how girls are." yada yada yada.
tell another friend something happened, and he/she is more sympathetic, may give advice, may tell me their story a while back, or whatever.

I don't think karx says anything bad, he's just adding fuel for IHateHackers to say something. It's like my friend. I say nothing bad, but he will take it, twist it to make it sound bad, and use it against me.

That's why I don't say much to him anymore. It's like when I told you about this girl I am with. I thank all of you for giving me such advice, pointers, whatever. my friend, he'd say dump her. she's nothing. I don't deserve to be put in any pain.
If anything; that's an example of what my friend would do though. I've heard enough of his so called good advice.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:06:38 PM by Vanguard »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #376 on: July 14, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »
lol, some friend!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #377 on: July 14, 2011, 09:23:57 PM »
yeah, tell me about it. I'm getting tired of my "friend". he is nice, and has been there, but I am sick of hearing the "depressing" stuff; his 'horrible' ex-wife, how any girl will treat me if I got married. how I should do this, do that, and how I seem to do things wrong, because he has the 'right' advice.  ::) I wonder if that's why I love hanging out with my girl friend. she's such a sweetheart.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #378 on: July 15, 2011, 05:11:01 AM »
Sounds like your friend doesn't truly know what he's talking about in terms of relationships, then, because that's all very bad advice he's given you. Good thing you aren't following it. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #379 on: July 15, 2011, 05:55:40 AM »
So, about them Dodgers!

>_>
<_<

Anyhoo, hopefully they can fix this so they can release it finally.

Crash

« Reply #380 on: July 15, 2011, 07:35:10 AM »
@Vanguard,
It certainly sounds like an interesting friend but it might just be, like you say, what he would do in your circumstances. In which case, that's a reflection on him.
It mightn't be an attempt to sabotage you by intentionally giving you bad advice.

In a way I feel a little sorry for the guy. Maybe he just doesn't want you to endure the same kind of experience as he had with his ex.
But like the song says, "be careful whose advice you buy".

Just because he's given up doesn't mean that you should.

Anyway, I believe Karx could do it and, seriously, you should offer your services to them. You've shown that there's nothing stopping you from working where you are (ie. from home). You should be there working on Descent 4.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #381 on: July 15, 2011, 12:50:23 PM »
He isn't as bad I am probably picturing him. I just don't care for all of that so called good advice.
My girl friend is great. and I think that's why he is bothering  me some now. I don't want to hear any depressing bs about his ex, and how it'll be the same for me.
But, I really just brought this up because I can see karx and ihatehackers as me and my friend; in the sense that nothing bad needs to be said for the other to just go after them, or tell them their faults, or whatever the case may be.

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #382 on: July 15, 2011, 03:29:51 PM »
...So I think Karx is justified... and if he's having fun with this it's only because he deserves to.

x2.

I've seen IHateHackers a bit fussy regarding Diedel's (Karx') posts as of lately.
I also think that if IHateHackers doesn't likes Karx, he shoud simply ignore him, instead of putting uncalled comments like the one he posted here :P.

And yeah, it seems the situation between Karx and IHateHackers is similar to what Vanguard is telling about his 'friend'  :-X .

And back to topic, as Wolfie said, I just also hope that the bug gets fixed soon.
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
  • D2X-XL & DLE-XP maintainer
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #383 on: July 16, 2011, 01:07:04 AM »
Well, I had asked for a screenshot of the issue in the beginning of this week, and haven't received anything. Scott Hawkins from G1M2 seems to be willing to accept my help, but I wonder whether his lead developer might not.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:09:28 AM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #384 on: July 16, 2011, 05:59:53 AM »
...Bosses...
And not the video game kind.

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #385 on: July 19, 2011, 02:47:37 AM »
Well, the weekend has passed and I still haven't heard from the Wii version lead developer.

Maybe I will hear from them, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:06:01 AM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #386 on: July 19, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »
internal strife or another variant of the DNF 3DRealms team?

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #387 on: July 19, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
[Edit] Scott has told me that his lead dev believes that he has fixed the bug.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:05:40 AM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »
in other words, the lead dev didn't want outside help? lol  ::)

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2011, 02:21:52 PM »
So it seems.

I hope he has really fixed it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets