Author Topic: Joke Thread - (keep it clean)  (Read 297334 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Joke Thread - (keep it clean)
« Reply #405 on: November 23, 2011, 08:56:29 AM »
Apparently this proves that I have friends then.

Well, that's a relief. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: Speaking of math...
« Reply #406 on: November 23, 2011, 12:31:48 PM »
EDIT: Ooops. I accidentaly added a new thread. Mods, please move and add this one to joke thread...
MOD EDIT:  Done.

I really don't get it. I guess I need to know math.

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #407 on: November 23, 2011, 12:52:50 PM »
How about this? :D

A mathematician and an engineer are sitting at a table drinking when a very beautiful woman walks in and sits down at the bar.

The mathematician sighs. "I'd like to talk to her, but first I have to cover half the distance between where we are and where she is, then half of the distance that remains, then half of that distance, and so on. The series is infinite. There'll always be some finite distance between us."

The engineer gets up and starts walking. "Ah, well, I figure I can get close enough for all practical purposes."

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #408 on: November 24, 2011, 09:56:13 AM »
I have friends that could get it, so hah! to you!

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #409 on: November 24, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
I think that math jokes picture has me figured out. I got it instantly and I have no friends, heh

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Moose Hunting
« Reply #410 on: November 28, 2011, 06:49:29 AM »
Moose hunting:
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #411 on: December 24, 2011, 08:16:39 PM »
A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption.
One of them goes to a family in Egypt , and is named 'Ahmal.'
The other goes to a family in Spain ; they name him 'Juan.'

Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother.
Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal.
Her husband responds, 'They're twins ! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal.'

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #412 on: December 25, 2011, 02:53:38 PM »
...I...don't get it. I mean, I get that it's a play on words, but I don't get the joke otherwise.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #413 on: December 25, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »
... If you've seen one (Juan), you've seen 'em all (Ahmal).

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
Italian Firefighters
« Reply #414 on: January 01, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »
One dark night in the small town of Garfield , NJ, a fire started inside the local sausage factory.
In a blink the building was engulfed in flames. The alarm went out to all the fire departments for miles around.
When the first volunteer fire fighters appeared on the scene, the sausage company president rushed to the fire chief and said, 'All of our secret sausage recipes are in the vault in the center of the plant. They have to be saved, so I will donate $50,000 to the fire company that brings them out and delivers them to me.'
But the roaring flames held the firefighters off. Soon more fire departments had to be called in because the situation became desperate. As the firemen arrived, the president shouted out that the offer to extricate the secret recipes was now $100,000 to the fire department that could save them. Suddenly from up the road, a lone siren was heard as another fire truck came into sight.
It was the fire engine of the nearby Lodi , NJ volunteer fire department composed mainly of Italian firefighters over the age of 65.
To everyone's amazement, the little run-down fire engine, operated by these Italian firefighters, passed fire engines parked outside the plant, and drove straight into the middle of the inferno. Outside, the other firemen watched in amazement as the Italian old timers jumped off and began to fight the fire as if they were fighting to save their own lives.. Within a short time, the Lodi old timers had extinguished the fire and saved the secret recipes.
The grateful sausage company president joyfully announced that for such a superhuman accomplishment he was raising the reward to $200,000, and walked over to personally thank each of the brave elderly Italian firefighters.
A TV news crew rushed in after capturing the event on film. The 'on camera' reporter asked the Italian fire chief, 'What are you going to do with all that money?'
'Wella ,' said Chief Pasquale De Luccinellavanti , the 70-year-old fire chief, 'de fursta tinga we gonnna do isza fixa de brakes on dat fockinna truck.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #415 on: January 23, 2012, 08:42:58 AM »
How the Internet Was Started

In ancient Israel , it came to pass that a trader by the name of Abraham Com did take unto himself a young wife by the name of Dot. And Dot Com was a comely woman, broad of shoulder and long of leg. Indeed, she was often called Amazon Dot Com.

And she said unto Abraham, her husband, "Why dost thou travel so far from town to town with thy goods when thou canst trade without ever leaving thy tent?

And Abraham did look at her as though she were several saddle bags short of a camel load, but simply said, "How, dear?"
And Dot replied, "I will place drums in all the towns and drums in between to send messages saying what you have for sale, and they will reply telling you who hath the best price. And the sale can be made on the drums and delivery made by Uriah's Pony Stable (UPS)."

Abraham thought long and decided he would let Dot have her way with the drums. And the drums rang out and were an immediate success. Abraham sold all the goods he had at the top price, without ever having to move from his tent. To prevent neighboring countries from overhearing what the drums were saying, Dot devised a system that only she and the drummers knew. It was known as Must Send Drum Over Sound (MSDOS), and she also developed a language to transmit ideas and pictures - Hebrew To The People (HTTP).

And the young men did take to Dot Com's trading as doth the greedy horsefly take to camel dung. They were called Nomadic Ecclesiastical Rich Dominican Sybarites, or NERDS.

And lo, the land was so feverish with joy at the new riches and the deafening sound of drums that no one noticed that the real riches were going to that enterprising drum dealer, Brother William of Gates, who bought off every drum maker in the land. And indeed did insist on drums to be made that would work only with Brother Gates' drum heads and drumsticks.

And Dot did say, "Oh, Abraham, what we have started is being taken over by others." And Abraham looked out over the Bay of Ezekiel , or eBay as it came to be known. He said, "We need a name that reflects what we are."

And Dot replied, "Young Ambitious Hebrew Owner Operators." "YAHOO," said Abraham. And because it was Dot's idea, they named it YAHOO Dot Com.

Abraham's cousin, Joshua, being the young Gregarious Energetic Educated Kid (GEEK) that he was, soon started using Dot's drums to locate things around the countryside. It soon became known as God's Own Official Guide to Locating Everything (GOOGLE).

That is how it all began. And that's the truth.

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
« Reply #416 on: January 23, 2012, 10:47:09 AM »
Nice, but didn’t Adam and Eve introduce the APPLE?

And I'm wondering, when Abraham and Dot Com banged on the drums, did the emails “Passover?”

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #417 on: January 26, 2012, 05:39:06 AM »

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #418 on: January 26, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »
Roflol!! Great pic!!  ;D

(will add it to my Star Wars pic collection).  8)
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #419 on: January 31, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »
A tough looking group of bikers were out riding when they saw a woman about to jump off a bridge, so they stopped.
The leader, a big burly man, gets off his bike and says, "What are you doing?"
"I'm going to commit suicide," she says.
 While he didn't want to appear insensitive, he didn't want to miss an opportunity either, so he asked... "Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a kiss?"
So she does... And it was a long, deep, lingering kiss.
 After she's finished, the biker says, "Wow! That was the best kiss I've ever had! That's a real talent you are wasting. You could be famous.  Why in the world would you want to commit suicide?"
 "My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl........".
 The authorities think she may have been pushed.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets