Author Topic: Google Who  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Google Who
« on: November 23, 2013, 09:41:35 AM »
Whovians, check out Google's homepage.  ;)

Probably not needed, but here's a link nonetheless.  ;D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Google Who
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:33:15 PM »
Aaaand what did you think of the actual episodemoviething?

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 05:22:28 AM »
Hope you got a screenshot, it's gone now.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 07:05:17 AM »
In that case, WillyP, head here, 'cuz I thought ahead for this eventuality. :P

Quote from: Kaiaatzel

I haven't actually seen it yet, for I do not get BBC (of any sort) on TV, and you can only watch it online for free (legally) if you're in the UK (which I'm not). I'll probably break down and buy it soon, but in the meantime, I've heard it was well received by those who HAVE seen it.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 08:04:53 AM »
I liked it.  It was more different from a normal episode than you'd expect, but I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it.
Are you sure you don't get it on some channel in the US?  We don't get the BBC here in Canada either but it was simulcast here on Space (kind of a Canadian version of Syfy, without the wrestling :P).  And Space carries Doctor Who for all of its regular seasons as well.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 07:34:02 PM »
In that case, WillyP, head here, 'cuz I thought ahead for this eventuality. :P

Quote from: Kaiaatzel

I haven't actually seen it yet, for I do not get BBC (of any sort) on TV, and you can only watch it online for free (legally) if you're in the UK (which I'm not). I'll probably break down and buy it soon, but in the meantime, I've heard it was well received by those who HAVE seen it.

That... (the link you shared) ... is actually a pretty cool little "mini game".   8)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 07:23:02 AM »
Quote from: Kaai
Are you sure you don't get it on some channel in the US?  We don't get the BBC here in Canada either but it was simulcast here on Space (kind of a Canadian version of Syfy, without the wrestling :P).  And Space carries Doctor Who for all of its regular seasons as well.

There is a BBC America channel, and I'm sure Doctor Who is shown on other channels too, but at my house we really only have local channels, and we hardly watch even those. Most of the time these days, we just go to Netflix or the web to watch the shows we like.

I'm probably going to buy it off iTunes sometime today or tomorrow.

Quote from: Techpro
That... (the link you shared) ... is actually a pretty cool little "mini game".

Yeah, I loved it too (which is why I went and made sure I would be able to find it again after it was taken off the Google homepage). The web has even been going as far as to call it Google's best Google Doodle to date. At the very least, it is certainly the biggest and most complex doodle they've done to date, by Google's own confession.
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »
Never watched Dr. Who. I do watch (Dr) Quincy, M.E.

Played the mini-game. Took me a little while to discover you can be very close to the enemy without being hurt. The second G I think game me trouble for some reason, getting impatient/overly confident.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:38:11 PM by Vanguard »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »
Yep, it wasn't too hard.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 08:25:31 AM »
That Weeping Angel was really the only hard part of it. It kept getting me every time. Basically the only way I could figure out how to get past it was to simply try and outrun it. Looking at it didn't seem to make much of a difference (ironically).
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets