Author Topic: How To Steal the Space Shuttle  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
How To Steal the Space Shuttle
« on: October 05, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »
A step-by-step guide.

I absolutely loved this. I think it could be the basis for a good action novel/movie or something like that. :D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
Re: How To Steal the Space Shuttle
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:17:49 PM »
You're a writer, aren't you?  Need a project.

However, it might done already.  In the James Bond movie Moonraker, Bond is sent to investigate the mid-air theft of a space shuttle.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 08:10:49 AM »
Quote from: DarkWing
You're a writer, aren't you?

Well, as a matter of fact...  ;)

I would not know much about that particular Bond movie. I've heard of it, seen bits and pieces of the ending, but that's about the full extent of my knowledge on it.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »
<Insert obvious spoiler warning.>
If you haven't seen this particular sub-par 007 movie... Don't read this spoiler.
<End obvious spoiler warning.>

In that movie, the space program has been turned over to the private sector (due to government budget cuts) and is being ran by a large company owned by an extremely wealthy and powerful philanthropist.  While transporting a shuttle to a different location, the shuttle is stolen right off the back of the jet liner that was transporting it.  Bond-o is called in to investigate.

It turns out, that the shuttle was stolen by the same company that was running the space program... to cover the real reason they wanted to shuttle somewhere else altogether.  The wealthy philanthropist is crazy and has hidden away in several locations other shuttles and is going to launch them at almost the same time.  One of the hidden shuttles had developed a problem, so they stole the publicly known shuttle (from themselves) to use as a replacement.  Once launched, the shuttles converge on a secret space station they had built in which the many (very carefully selected) shuttle passengers would live.  Meanwhile, a toxic chemical would be released to kill the world's population, then after the danger is gone the people on the station would return to Earth to re-populate the planet.  All part of the wealthy madman's plan.   Naturally, Bond-o intervenes.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »
I believe that was Moonraker...

* -<WillyP>- Googles Moonraker...

Yep: Moonraker (1979) - IMDb

Definitely sub-par... that's putting it kindly, in fact.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 02:06:17 AM »
I'm going to have to do a spacecraft heist now in my story. ashdfklhsadfklhsdakj it will be so cool I already have a billion ideas!
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 06:56:52 AM »
I know, the idea really gets the brain cells working, doesn't it? :P

Consequently, I've made plans to do my own take in a story too.
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets